Lost Passport Instructions
In the event that your US passport is lost or stolen, we can process a limited passport replacement on your behalf. A passport replacement is valid for 5 years or less from the date of issuance.
Purchase a Lost Passport on PassportCenter.com
Select the service that best meets your travel needs and purchase your expedited passport replacement.
Complete Passport Application FormDS-11 Form DS-64 Form
DS-11 and DS-64 Forms
- Please print 2 copies of the DS-11 form. (print single-sided)
- Do Not sign forms now
- Do Not mail this form to the National Passport Center, FedEx to us
- After completing and printing this form, please close the window and return to the passport instructions
Follow Checklist of Required Items
Carefully review the list below to ensure that you have all the necessary documents.
- DS-11 application.
- DS-64 Form
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (click here for list of examples)
- Proof of Identity (click here for list of examples)
- Proof of Travel (click here for list of examples)
- One Passport Picture (click here for a sample picture)
- Government Fees/Payments; Check payable to "US Department of State" for $170 if applying for a Passport Book Only and $200 if applying for a Passport Book and a Passport Card
- Authorization Letter
Visit a Passport Acceptance Agent
After completing your passport application and collecting all the items from the checklist you must take it to a Passport Acceptance Agent (AA), who will review it and witness your signature. Passport Acceptance Agents are very common and easy to find in your area, they are usually located at US Post Offices or Courthouses.
Inform the Acceptance Agent that you are using an expediting service to "Hand Carry" your passport application to the government for processing.
The AA will then:
- Ask you to sign the DS-11 Form.
- Add his/her signature to the DS-11.
- Check your ID.
- The agent will collect all of your supporting documents and seal them into an envelope with the signed DS-11 Form using an official seal or stamp.
Important: Make sure the (AA) returns the sealed envelope to you so that you can mail it directly to PassportCenter. Send the sealed envelope to PassportCenter as soon as it is sealed. The seal on the envelope expires after four business days.
Ship us your passport application package using FedEx
- Write your first and last name, date of birth, and date of departure on the sealed envelope.
- Place the sealed envelope in a FedEx envelope or box.
- The second copies of your supporting documents and DS-11 form should be placed in the FedEx box/envelope alongside (but separate from) the sealed envelope. This allows us to review everything for accuracy before delivering your application for processing. Submitting error free documentation will eliminate delays.
- Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the FedEx airbill provided by PassportCenter.
We’ll take it from here.