New Passport Instructions
If you have never had a U.S. passport or your passport expired more than 5 years ago, you must apply for a new passport. You must be at least 16-years-old to apply for an adult U.S. passport.
Purchase New Passport on PassportCenter.com
Select your expediting option and make your purchase.
Complete Passport Wizard
Once you’ve made your purchase you will then be redirected to the govWorks secure platform where you will create an account and complete the passport application using our intuitive wizard. Print the completed application but do NOT sign.
Gather Required Items
After you complete the online wizard our govWorks platform will generate an application containing all the necessary information you need to mail to our processing center. It’s very important that you print the documents single sided as double sided copies will not be accepted.
- DS-11 application: This application will be automatically generated from our platform and needs to be signed when visiting an Acceptance Agent.
- Passport Photo: See sample picture
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship See list of examples
- Proof of Identity See list of examples
- Proof of Travel: A travel itinerary or business letter that indicates that you are traveling within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you need a travel visa). If you have not made travel plans and don’t have a proof of itinerary, don’t worry, we can help you obtain an alternative document.
- Government Fee: An additional check or money order payable to "US Department of State” is required for all orders. The exact amount can vary from $140 to $170 depending on the type of passport application. Once you place your order, the platform will instruct you on the exact amount of the check and how to write it out.
- Letter of Authorization: We will provide you with a Letter of Authorization which allows us to process your passport on your behalf. You must sign this document.
Important: Please make 2 photocopies of all your supporting documents (proof of identity, passport photo etc.).
Visit a Passport Acceptance Agent
Once you have completed your application and gathered all of your supporting requirements you will then take everything to a Passport Acceptance Agent, who will review your document requirements (proof of citizenship etc.) and witness you sign the application form. The agent will then place your application and supporting requirements in a sealed envelope. Take the sealed envelope from the agent and FedEx it directly to us using the prepaid label we provide.Find an Acceptance Agent
Important: Make sure the (AA) returns the sealed envelope to you so that you can mail it directly to PassportCenter. Send the sealed envelope to PassportCenter as soon as it is sealed. The seal on the envelope expires after four business days.
Ship us your passport application package using FedEx
- Please contact your assigned Customer Satisfaction Representative to quickly go over your documents before you ship them to us and to get your pre-paid Fedex shipping label.
- Write your full name, date of birth, and date of departure on the sealed envelope.
- Place the sealed envelope in a FedEx envelope.
- The photocopies of your application and supporting requirements should be placed in the FedEx envelope alongside (but not in) the sealed envelope. This allows us to review everything for accuracy before hand-delivering your application to the government for processing. Submitting error free documentation will eliminate delays.
- Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the shipping label provided by PassportCenter.com
As soon as your passport is ready, we will pick it up from the government office and immediately FedEx it to you. If you have any questions, feel free to call us anytime at (800) 606-8407.