New Passport Instructions
If you have never had a U.S. passport or your passport expired more than 5 years ago, you must apply for a new passport. You must be at least 16-years-old to apply for an adult U.S. passport.
Purchase New Passport on PassportCenter.com
Select your expediting option and make your purchase.
Complete Passport Application Form
Once you’ve made your purchase you will then be redirected to our secure govWorks platform where you will create a password and begin the DS-11 passport application. Print the completed application but do NOT sign.
Gather Required Items
Carefully review the list below to ensure that you have all the necessary supporting documents.
- DS-11 passport application
- Passport Photo (sample picture)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (examples)
- Proof of Identity (examples)
- Proof of Travel (examples)
- Government Fee: check or money order payable to "US Department of State" for $170. (The amount is $200 if your are applying for both a passport book and a passport card together.)
- Letter of Authorization
Important: Please make 2 photocopies of all your supporting documents (proof of identity, passport photo etc.).
Visit a Passport Acceptance Agent
Once you have completed your application and gathered all of your supporting requirements you will then take everything to a Passport Acceptance Agent, who will review your document requirements (proof of citizenship etc.) and witness you sign the application form. The agent will then place your application and supporting requirements in a sealed envelope. Take the sealed envelope from the agent and FedEx it directly to us using the prepaid label we provide.Find an Acceptance Agent
Important: Make sure the (AA) returns the sealed envelope to you so that you can mail it directly to PassportCenter. Send the sealed envelope to PassportCenter as soon as it is sealed. The seal on the envelope expires after four business days.
FedEx your Passport Application Package to Us
- Write your full name, date of birth, and date of departure on the sealed envelope.
- Place the sealed envelope in a FedEx envelope.
- The photocopies of your application and supporting requirements should be placed in the FedEx envelope alongside (but not in) the sealed envelope. This allows us to review everything for accuracy before hand-delivering your application to the government for processing. Submitting error free documentation will eliminate delays.
- Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the shipping label that we provide.
As soon as your passport is ready, we will pick it up from the government office and immediately FedEx it to you.