Passport Card Instructions
A Passport Card is a wallet sized passport, similar to a state driver’s license. It is an easy to carry ID for international travel by land or water to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. It CANNOT be used for international air travel. Passport Cards can only be purchased as an add-on feature when applying for a Passport Book. Passport Cards are delivered separately from passport books. The cards are shipped directly from the U.S. government and usually take about 3 weeks to process.
Purchase Passport Card add-on at PassportCenter.com
Select the service that best meets your travel needs.
Complete Passport Application Form
Once you’ve made your purchase you will then be redirected to our secure govWorks.com platform where you will create a password and complete your passport application form.
Follow Checklist of Required Items
Carefully review the list below to ensure that you have all the necessary documents.
Checklist for Passport Renewal:
Checklist for New Passport:
- DS-11 application
- Passport Photos (sample picture)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (list of examples)
- Proof of Identity (list of examples)
- Proof of Travel (list of examples)
- Government Fees/Payments; Check payable to "US Department of State" for $200 if applying for Passport Book and a Passport Card together.
- Authorization Letter
Visit a Passport Acceptance Agent (for DS-11 only)
If you’re applying for a Passport Card with form DS-82, skip step 4.Find an Acceptance Agent
After completing your DS-11 passport application and collecting all the items from the checklist you must take it to a Passport Acceptance Agent (AA), who will review it and witness your signature. Passport Acceptance Agents are very common and easy to find in your area, they are usually located at US Post Offices or Courthouses.
Inform the Acceptance Agent that you are using an expediting service to "Hand Carry" your passport application to the government for processing.
The AA will then:
- Ask you to sign the DS-11 Form.
- Add his/her signature to the DS-11.
- Check your ID.
- The agent will collect all of your supporting documents and seal them into an envelope with the signed DS-11 Form using an official seal or stamp.
Important: Make sure the (AA) returns the sealed envelope to you so that you can mail it directly to PassportCenter. Send the sealed envelope to PassportCenter as soon as it is sealed. The seal on the envelope expires after four business days.
Ship your Application using FedEx
Shipping instructions for DS-82:
- Please send your application and supporting documents to our office using the FedEx label provided by PassportCenter.com
Shipping instructions for DS-11:
- Write your first and last name, date of birth, and date of departure on the sealed envelope.
- Place the sealed envelope in a FedEx envelope or box.
- The second copies of your supporting documents and DS-11 form should be placed in the FedEx box/envelope alongside (but separate from) the sealed envelope. This allows us to review everything for accuracy before delivering your application for processing. Submitting error free documentation will eliminate delays.
- Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the FedEx airbill provided by PassportCenter.
We’ll take it from here.