Passport Renewal Instructions
In order to renew a U.S. passport it must be valid or have expired less than 5 years ago. If the expiration date on your passport is more than 5 years ago, you must apply for a new passport. A child or damaged passport cannot be renewed.
Purchase Passport Renewal on PassportCenter.com
Select the option that best meets your travel needs and purchase your expedited passport renewal.
Complete Passport Application Form
Once you’ve made your purchase you will then be redirected to our secure govWorks.com platform where you will create a password and complete the DS-82 passport renewal application form.
Gather Required Items
After you complete and print the online DS-82 form on our govWorks platform you will gather your supporting documents. Carefully review the list below to ensure that you have all the necessary documents.
Checklist of Requirements:
- DS-82 application (must be completed online and printed single-sided)
- Old Passport
- Proof of Travel (For certain types of expedited passport processing the U.S. government requires proof of travel. Our Rush, Standard, and Smart service do NOT require a travel itinerary) (List of examples)
- One Passport Photo (sample picture)
- Government Fee (The U.S. government charges a fee for passports. This is separate from our expediting service charge. Make check or money order payable to: U.S. Department of State for the amount of $170 for a regular passport book. If you are applying for a passport book and passport card together the government fee is $200)
- Authorization Letter
Ship us your passport application package using FedEx
- Place your signed DS-82 application and supporting documents in a FedEx envelope or box.
- Please send your application and supporting documents to our office using the FedEx label provided by PassportCenter.com
We’ll take it from here.