Passport Renewal Instructions
In order to renew a U.S. passport it must be valid or have expired less than 5 years ago. If the expiration date on your passport is more than 5 years ago, you must apply for a new passport. A child or damaged passport cannot be renewed.
Purchase Passport Renewal on PassportCenter.com
Select the option that best meets your travel needs and purchase your expedited passport renewal.
Complete Passport Wizard
Once you’ve completed your purchase you will then be redirected to the govWorks secure platform where you will create an account and complete the passport renewal application using our intuitive wizard.
Gather Required Items
After you complete the online wizard our govWorks platform will generate an application containing all the necessary information you need to mail to our processing center. It’s very important that you print the documents single sided as double sided copies will not be accepted.
Checklist of Requirements:
- Passport Application (DS-82): This application will be automatically generated from our platform and needs to be signed using a black or blue pen. Do not use a felt tip pen such as a sharpie.
- Old Passport: Your old passport must be included with your documents and it will be returned to you with your new passport. The passport must not be damaged or mutilated.
- Passport Photo: (sample picture)
- Proof of Travel: A travel itinerary or business letter that indicates that you are traveling within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you need a travel visa). If you have not made travel plans and don’t have a proof of itinerary, don’t worry, we can help you obtain an alternative document. Our Standard and Smart services do not require proof of travel.
- Government Fee: An additional check or money order payable to "US Department of State” is required for all orders. The exact amount can vary from $140 to $215.89 depending on the type of passport application. Once you place your order, the platform will instruct you on the exact amount of the check and how to write it out.
- Letter of Authorization: We will provide you with a Letter of Authorization which allows us to process your passport on your behalf. You must sign and date this document, preferably using blue ink, and include it with your documents. Our Standard and Smart services do not require a letter of authorization.
Ship us your passport application package using FedEx
- Please contact your assigned Customer Satisfaction Representative to quickly go over your documents before you ship them to us and to get your pre-paid Fedex shipping label.
- Place your signed DS-82 application and supporting documents in a FedEx envelope.
- Please send your application and supporting documents to our office using the FedEx label provided by PassportCenter.com
If you have any questions, feel free to call us anytime at (800) 606-8407.