Second Passport Instructions
Second passports are issued at the discretion of the US State Department. Second passports are valid for two years and cannot be extended. Common reasons for having a second passport include; a foreign country will deny entry because a passport contains markings of a specific country, a passport is unavailable due to processing delays associated with a foreign visa application, or if the applicant has the need to obtain multiple visas on a continuing basis.
Purchase Second Passport on PassportCenter.com
Select the service that best meets your travel needs and purchase your expedited second passport.
Complete Passport Application Form
Once you’ve made your purchase you will then be redirected to our secure govWorks.com platform where you will create a password and complete your second passport DS-82 application form.
Follow Checklist of Required Items
Carefully review the list below to ensure that you have all the necessary documents.
Checklist of Requirements:
- DS-82 application.
- Current US Passport
- Proof of Travel (click here for list of examples)
- One Passport Picture (click here for list of examples)
- Letter stating why you need a second passport (example)
- Government Fees/Payments; Check payable to "US Department of State" for $170 if applying for a Passport Book Only and $200 if applying for a Passport Book and a Passport Card
- Authorization Letter
Ship us your passport application package using FedEx
- Place your application and supporting documents in a FedEx envelope or box.
- Please send your application and supporting documents to our office using the FedEx label provided by PassportCenter.com
We’ll take it from here.