Company Letter Requirements
For customers who cannot obtain a travel itinerary, the U.S. Passport Agency will accept a company letter to be used in the place of airline tickets or a travel itinerary.
The letter must contain the following:
- The letter should be written on company letterhead
- The name of the passport applicant employed by the company
- The country to be visited
- The applicant's date of departure (if you may travel at any time, indicate the earliest approximate date)
- The letter must be signed by someone other than the applicant
Note: You cannot sign your own letter and departure date in the letter must be within 14 days.