Government Fee Payment Requirements
The US Department of State only accepts checks or money orders. Please make sure that your check or money order follows these guidelines to avoid suspensions of your application:
- DO NOT use temporary or starter checks.
- Must be a check or money order.
- Check must be made out to: US Department of State
- Amount must be written out in full - $170 should be "One Hundred Seventy and 00/100"
- Write applicant's full name and date of birth on the check or money order.
- All personal checks must show a printed address.
Note: The government does not accept credit card payment for these fees.